Friday, March 4, 2011

Ups and Downs

I was really nervous today about giving my speech for the Rotary Club.  They have an annual speech competition, but I wasn't ready at all.  I had my speech typed and printed out, but it was barely memorized.  I arrived about thirty minutes early and was able to use that time to practice it a little bit, but nowhere near enough.  The chapter leader had the two speakers flip a coin, and I got to go first.  Yay.  When I finished, I thought I did terrible, but my dad and girlfriend's mom said that I did great.  So did the other speaker when I was finished.  In the end, I got second place and $75 in a check though.  I'm just happy to have it done!
     On another note though, I received an email from the KFC scholarship application saying, "We regret to inform you that you have not been selected to advance."  This compounded with the fact that the UK Office of Academic Scholarships hasn't emailed me back about the Singletary Scholarship (full ride + $1500) has made me a little bit worried at how I'm going to pay for college.  I'm not really angry at the KFC scholarship people, but I am a little bit angry at the UK scholarship people.  My friend said that her mom called and they said that emails were sent out for interviews on February 10th, but neither her nor I received a "yes" or "no" answer as to whether we will move on.  It's looking bleak though.  Hopefully I will get the Pell Grant and the KHEAA scholarship though.

No comments:

Post a Comment