Tuesday, March 1, 2011

First Post (Who I am, etc.)

I wanted to start a blog for a while now.  I have had this one for quite a bit, but I never added any posts, and it turned out to just be something that sounded cool at the time, yet became boring.  This isn't necessarily to get a lot of attention and to get people to say, "I wish I had his life," narcissistic type stuff.  I just want to write about what's happening in my life so I can look back and reflect upon it later.  If you feel like commenting, I won't mind that though!
      As for what I am like, I am fairly intelligent (or so I think), yet I know that there are some that are way smarter than me.  I got a 33 on my ACT (35 Math: woohoo!), and have a 3.88 in high school, so that is what I'm basing it on now.  As a senior at the moment, I can't wait to get to college though!  I have been accepted at the University of Kentucky and have about $15,000 out of the ~$21,000 cost to attend mostly from scholarships.  I am planning on double-majoring in Computer Engineering & Mechanical Engineering there with a minor in Computer Science.  I have also applied to MIT, but I don't believe that I will make it in.  I am a little wary of going there because most of my college money is coming from KEES money and UK scholarships.  I am taking 5 AP courses right now with Spanish being my least favorite and Chemistry/Calculus being my favorite.
      A note of warning for this blog though:  I might go on rants over seemingly random topics sometimes.  These rants are what I truly think, and the blog is named aptly so.  These rants won't be temper-tantrums, mud-throwing, or bashing of any group of any sort though.  I like to think rationally about what I am going to say, so the same applies to what I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment